Mosquito Spraying In East Rockaway
Mosquito Repellent in East Rockaway, NY
Mosquitoes are one of the most dangerous animals on the planet, with many deaths recorded yearly in no small part due to mosquitoes. With diseases such as the Zika infection, Dengue, Malaria, West Nile, Snowshoe Hare Virus, Chikungunya, Yellow Fever, La Crosse Encephalitis, Rift Valley Fever, Jamestown Canyon Virus, and Japanese Encephalitis, mosquitoes carry numerous dangerous diseases that can be transmitted to humans.
While not everyone may be in danger of these diseases when bitten by a mosquito, there is also the common possibility of simply having an annoying, irritating itchy feeling on your skin due to the mosquito bite.
Several different things attract mosquitoes to people, including sweat, food smells, skin odor, dark clothing, warm body temperature, perfume, and scented soaps, and it is essential to ensure that you do everything you can to keep mosquitoes away from you, your family, your home and your office. There are various ways to protect yourself from mosquito bites and diseases, including mosquito spraying, fumigation of the area, regular emptying of water, and avoiding stagnant water, and application of mosquito repellent.
Mosquito repellent is one of the most effective methods of keeping mosquitoes away and ensuring that you are protected. A repellent comes in different variants such as creams, aerosols, towelettes, liquids, solids, and pump sprays and while it does not kill mosquitoes, a mosquito repellent works by making people less attractive to mosquitoes meaning that there is a reduced likelihood of a mosquito biting anyone who uses a mosquito repellent.
At Optimum Pest Control, we offer mosquito control services within East Rockaway, NY, and one of our most effective methods is with the use of mosquito repellent.
There are conventional mosquito repellents that contain chemical DEETS or picaridin as active ingredients and also there are natural mosquito repellents that are equally effective and the choice on which mosquito repellent to be used is dependent on some factors;
The area you live in and rate of possible transmission in your area
There is a higher risk of mosquito-transmitted diseases in some areas than some others due to the higher number of mosquitoes in the area and this will require a stronger concentration of repellent than areas with less risk of mosquito infection.
Areas with a mild infection rate may alternatively not require chemical-based mosquito repellents but instead natural mosquito repellents.
What you put on your skin
Unlike mosquito spraying, repellents can be applied on the skin, and based on the type of products you apply on your skin; you may have an unpleasant skin reaction to some mosquito repellents, especially chemical-based repellents.
The length of time you spend outside
If you regularly spend a lot more time outside in the evening then you may need a higher concentration of mosquito repellent than people who are always indoors.
We recommend the use of natural mosquito repellents; which are derived from natural sources like plants such as; Cinnamon oil (which offers protection of up to an hour and a half), Geraniol (which offers protection for only a short while and is extracted from lemongrass, citronella, rose oil), Oil of lemon eucalyptus; a plant-based oil with a lower concentration of DEET (6.64%) which offers protection of up to 2 hours, Catnip oil (offers protection for up to 7 hours and is derived from the nepeta cataria plant).
We also recommend the use of chemical repellents on clothing such as DEET (N, N-diethyl-3-methylbenzamide), Permanone (contains permethrin and is still effective for up to 6 hours and even after repeated laundering), and oil of citronella.
DEET has proven to be very effective against mosquitoes over the years with the American Academy of Pediatrics endorsing that up to 30% concentration of DEET-based repellents can be used by all persons above the age of 2 months.
Picaridin is also a safe and effective repellent as it has an odorless and pleasant feel and very importantly it does not cause damage to the fabrics of clothing. It can also be used by persons of all ages, including infants from 2 months.
Some advice on mosquito repellents
The use of mosquito repellents is different from mosquito spraying and should be applied cautiously. Ensure you check out the label directions, follow them strictly and you can apply this advice;
- Repellents should be applied on the skin sparingly and underclothing if it is certain that the mosquitoes can pierce through the material of the clothing.
- If you ever notice you have irritated skin or you are nursing a wound, it is advisable not to apply repellents on your skin.
- Ensure that you apply the repellent over your whole exposed skin because mosquitoes can discover spots that it wasn’t applied on and target such spots.
- When applying, do not apply it near your eyes or mouth (so as not to ingest it), and once indoors, ensure you wash your skin with soap and water that you applied repellent on.
- Nursing mothers and pregnant women should reduce the application of mosquito repellents, especially chemical-based repellents.
- 30% concentration of DEET is effective enough to repel mosquitoes.
- If you ever get repellent into your eyes or your skin reacts against it, try to flush with water and ensure you see your doctor with the particular product you used.
About us at Optimum Pest Control
Within the East Rockaway, NY, Nassau, we offer the best pest control services. Our safe and environmentally friendly products ensure that you, your family, and pets are safe from mosquitos all season.
We are dedicated to providing excellent customer service to our clients by ensuring that our staff is continually trained and updated with the most up-to-date information in the industry.
We are your No. 1 choice in pest control with our effective methods of mosquito spraying in East Rockaway, NY.
We are the right company to contact when looking for an expert within Nassau County.
Do reach out to us on 516-656-7833 or contact us on the website to let us help ensure that you, your family, friends, and pets stay free from mosquito bites and itches all season long.
- Learn more about East Rockaway, NY 11563 11518
- Open a East Rockaway, NY map
- Find the East Rockaway, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby East Rockaway, NY pharmacies
- View the current East Rockaway, NY weather report
- Browse a list of East Rockaway, NY public and private schools
- East Rockaway, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State